Product Consultant - US
Position is remote-first, but located near Chicago, IL
You’re a Product Manager who loves to build software products and relationships with stakeholders. You celebrate the Agile mindset and are eager to succeed and deliver. You are comfortable playing product roles for multiple external clients. You have strategic vision for projects you work on, but also want to participate in the development process as a product owner. You want to learn, teach others, and grow. You’ll work from home and collaborate with a distributed, remote development team.
We are Foxbox Digital and we are looking for a Product Manager with foundational skills, existing mobile app experience, and a desire to also get their hands dirty with the execution of the product vision. You will be working in a high paced environment and will be trained, guided, and supported to independently run your own projects and interface directly with clients.
Foxbox Digital is an award-winning digital product agency, headquartered in Chicago. We partner with clients ranging from Fortune 50 companies to high-growth startups and everyone in between to design, develop, and deliver successful digital experiences.
We're a remote-first team of nearly 50 and growing rapidly. We are looking for other high energy, tech-enthusiasts, to join our global team.
We measure twice and cut once. We value proactive actions over reactive ones. We only invest in talent who are determined to succeed, and partner with clients who are purposeful in their mission.
If you want to learn more about how we work and what we believe in, check out Foxbox Culture.
What you'll do
- Oversee up to 3 mobile or web projects as the Product Manager and main Point of Contact for clients
- Collaborate with clients and team to define and prioritize features and stories
- Lead Scrum development activities to maintain product backlog, prioritize the enhancements, and sprint plan
- Writing and prioritizing user stories
- Authoring and organizing project documentation such as project plans, statements of work, scopes, schedules, and resources
- Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Facilitate internal demos and lead Client demos after each Sprint
- Maintain the Sprint Dashboard, Project Workspace, and weekly Project Reporting to leadership.
Who you are
- 2+ years as a Product Owner on software, preferably mobile, projects
- Or 2+ years working on a Product team
- Agile (Scrum) experience and DevOps principles
- Consulting, account management, or external partner/client management experience
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria
- Understanding of UX/UI design and software development process, methods and rationale
- Familiarity with project management & productivity tools such as Jira, GitLab, Trello, Slack, Notion, Airtable, etc.
- Understanding the fundamentals of iterative development, with a focus on minimum viable product
- Ability to acquire respect from team while demonstrating a willingness to “get your hands dirty” when needed to get the job done
- Exceptional communication skills – written, oral, visual, formal, informal.
Why Foxbox Digital?
- Remote-first company: work from our Chicago office or from home. Our development team is based in Chicago and Latin America
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with employer matching
- Paid holidays and unlimited PTO and sick days
- Training program and resources to ensure you excel as a Product Manager
- Autonomy to lead exciting projects and influence how projects are owned and delivered