Mobile Architect - US
As the Mobile Architect, your hands-on leadership and deep understanding of will inspire and motivate your team to realize new heights in app development. This role provides the ability to work on multiple projects ranging from small to large-scale, Enterprise level projects with a nimble and close-knit agency culture. You’ll work from home and lead a distributed, remote development team.
You'll serve as the architect on multiple projects, including a Telehealth app, which virtually connects patients and healthcare providers. This Enterprise project supports a publicly-traded health benefits provider and offers you the opportunity to lead a 9-person cross-functional team and collaborate both internally and externally.
Your leadership will span architectural decisions, partnering directly with our clients, leading multiple projects, and collaborating with our product and project managers. You’ll inspire the team to ensure consistency across projects through our engineering process including ensuring effective use of automated testing, coding standards, frameworks, peer reviews, and patterns.
Our nimble, start-up approach offers our clients the opportunity to leverage modern software engineering practices and tools to deliver high-quality software efficiently. As our Mobile Architect, you will have autonomy to make decisions and influence the technical direction of the company.
Foxbox Digital is an award-winning digital product agency, headquartered in Chicago. We partner with clients ranging from Fortune 50 companies to high-growth startups and everyone in between to design, develop, and deliver successful digital experiences.
We're a remote-first team of nearly 50 and growing rapidly. We are looking for other high-energy, tech-enthusiasts, to join our global team.
We believe in Moving Purposely. This means everything we do is thought through. We value proactive actions over reactive ones. We measure twice and cut once. This is why we only invest in talent who are determined to succeed, and partner with clients who are purposeful in their mission.
If you want to learn more about how we work and what we believe in, check out Foxbox Culture.
What you'll do
- Deliver high-quality mobile products for clients using React Native, iOS and Android.
- Partner directly with clients to understand product problems, propose solutions, and work with the development team on implementation.
- Inspire and lead our 15-person mobile engineering team.
- Drive high-quality consistency across projects through our engineering process, rooted in continuous delivery including automated testing, trunk-based development, and peer reviews.
- Contribute to Scrum processes (backlog refinement and sprint planning).
- Coach and train a team of experienced Software Engineers.
- Participate in the hiring process to screen and interview candidates.
- Occasionally travel to clients and work on-site (project kickoffs, train development teams).
- Work with great productivity tools including: Github, Jira, Slack.
Who you are
- Experienced with React Native, and either iOS or Android.
- Lead on multiple mobile projects relentlessly pursuing the true problems.
- Hands-on, technical, a keen problem solver who takes calculated risks.
- Persistent in delivering impactful solutions and designing architecture on mobile projects.
- Care about code quality: purposely deliver high-quality coding standards and well-written code.
- Test-focused: leverage automated testing to produce stable code.
- Strong desire to learn: you’re always looking for ways to improve your abilities.
- Opinionated: you have a strong opinion and able to challenge others (gracefully).
- Exceptional communication skills – written, oral, visual, formal, informal (able to adapt to client environment technical and non-technical).
- Helpful: digital agency experience.
- Experienced in Scrum Ceremonies.
Why Foxbox Digital?
- Work directly with an incredible team of talented, passionate people.
- Autonomy to lead exciting projects and structure how projects are run.
- Training program and resources to ensure you have opportunities to continue developing your skills and knowledge.
- Remote-first company: work from our Chicago office (when the pandemic permits), or home, on your schedule.
- Healthcare benefits: Medical, dental, and vision.
- Global team across the US and Latin America.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off.
- Results-driven environment: work remotely from home, on your schedule.
- Chicago team works out in a collaborative office environment with great office perks and camaraderie!